Friday, March 21, 2014

writing and authentic surrender


The process of writing has always been a deeply spiritual experience for me.

And book projects like the one I just finished on Oklahoma martyr and Servant of God Father Stanley Rother have a powerful intensity that is hard to describe. 

One of the lessons and constant reminders of this book -- at this point in my life -- was learning to receive the graces that come with surrender. 

I've had this print for a while, but I brought it out and set it right in front of me during the past couple of months of intense writing. 

As in writing, may it be so in my life... Amen! 

"you can't fake authentic surrender
for it is the moment you
unclinch your hands...
accept what is and finally let go...
that the fertile space is provided
for divine intervention
and unimaginable possibilities"


No comments:

Post a Comment