Thursday, November 22, 2018

when change itself becomes your prayer!





Antigua, Guatemala

Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  
~Philippians 4:6-7
+    +     + 

I’m sorry for the radio silence.  

There have been so many changes, all packed with much to process, emotionally, spiritually—and you know how long it takes me to do that!

Did you know that every single day we lose two minutes of sunlight. That’s a fact. I have to confess that having less sunlight messes with me.

I genuinely want to rejoice and be grateful and enjoy life and even embrace
 its many changes, especially this week as our family gathers around the table and each other. 

So perhaps it’s time I give myself a break and simply embrace the swing in my prayer from “Lord, I desire to surrender all… embrace all” to the more ornery but realistic, “Lord, I desire to desire (or even desire to desire to desire) to surrender all… embrace all"!!

Truth be told, that’s the first thing I’m grateful for, the fact that God takes me as I am, where I am, every time.  And for now, that is enough of a prayer!!

Two more things. 

First, a question. Are you interested in receiving a FREE digital version of Magnificat Magazine’s Advent Companion? If so, just drop me an email or leave a message here or on Facebook. I have a hand full of codes to give away, and you could be the one to get one!! 

Finally, my wish and prayer for each of you as we bring another liturgical year to a close this coming weekend is that you may be blown away this week by the awareness of God’s presence in your life! 

So keep an eye out for Him. He’s dying to be seen.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and weekend my friends!

TE DEUM

Not because of victories
I sing,
having none,
but for the common sunshine,
the breeze,
the largess of the spring.

Not for victory
but for the day’s work done
as well as I was able;
not for a seat upon the dais
but at the common table.


~Charles Reznikoff in “The Hungry Ear: Poems of Food & Drink










No comments:

Post a Comment