Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Small Mercies Miércoles! today I'm grateful for... spring!


What if the events of our history are molding us as a sculptor molds his clay, and it is only in a careful obedience to his molding hands that we can discover our real vocation and become mature people? What if all the unexpected interruptions are in fact invitations to give up old-fashioned and outmoded styles of living and are opening up new unexplored areas of experience? And finally, what if our histories do not prove to be a blind impersonal sequence of events over which we have no control, but rather reveal to us a guiding hand pointing to a personal encounter in which all our hopes and aspirations will reach their fulfillment? Then our life would indeed be different, because then fate becomes opportunity, wounds a warning, and paralysis an invitation to search for deeper sources of vitality.
~Henri Nouwen in "Reaching Out"

Between recovering from completing the full draft of my book project on Servant of God Father Stanley Rother and traveling to Charlottesville, Virginia, to visit family, I've been remiss in my blog writing.

Don't give up on me. I plan to do better! 

Today is Wednesday, which means it's time to acknowledge Small Mercies in my life--and there have been many.

I'm grateful for... signs of Spring in my backyard, a reminder of God's presence, power, and hope. Make me anew, Lord!



NOTE: ...with thanks to Dan Wakefield's blog on Patheos, who published the Nouwen quote [click here to read blog: "Henri Nouwen, Reaching Out: 25 years of Image"]


No comments:

Post a Comment