Friday, February 21, 2014

Lord have mercy, please





You know how I am about the words of the Mass, and how sometimes those same words that I’ve been hearing all my life jump out and grab me… sometimes in Spanish, sometimes in English, sometimes even in the revised English!

Today I knelt early as we recited, Lamb of God, have mercy on us… and I really heard the word mercy

Lamb of God, have mercy on me… please

Have mercy on me when I judge another person’s heart and their intentions, and I don’t even know them

Have mercy on me when I bite my tongue with lack of forgiveness for what he did to my daughter/son/husband

Have mercy on me when I self-righteously act like a martyr

Have mercy on me when I’ve been wronged, and I am full of self-righteousness

Have mercy on me when I tell the same story that happened 10/20/30 years ago criticizing her, yet expect others to acknowledge that I’m not the same as I was 10/20/30 years ago


Oh Lamb of God, have mercy on us… and grant us peace



No comments:

Post a Comment