Monday, September 16, 2013

know that he, the Lord, is God


top of chapel, Cedarbrake Renewal Center

one of countless inviting spots on the beautiful Cedarbrake grounds

LAUGHTER CAME FROM EVERY BRICK

Just these two words He spoke
changed my life,
“Enjoy me.”

What a burden I thought I was to carry—
a crucifix, as did He.

Love once said to me “I know a song,
would you like to hear it?”

And laughter came from every brick in the street
and from every pore
in the sky.

After a night of prayer, He
changed my life when
He sang

“Enjoy Me.”

~Teresa of Avila, 
from
“Love Poems by God,” Daniel Ladinsky


I got home from my roadtrip to central Texas late last night feeling abundant gratitude for my time at Cedarbrake Renewal Center--and for the amazing people I was graced to spend the weekend with. 

Being "on" and giving presentations around the clock for a whole weekend takes a lot out of me. But God not only provided me with the energy I needed, He also surprised me with joy, laughter and fellowship. How is it possible to feel both exhausted and invigorated?


No comments:

Post a Comment