Friday, May 31, 2019

a joy that makes us want to kiss the earth






"The great mystery of the Incarnation, 
which meant that God became man so that man might become God, 
was a joy that made us want to kiss the earth in worship,
because His feet once trod that same earth."
 ~Dorothy Day [The Long Loneliness]

+    +    +

Mary set out
and traveled to the hill country in haste
to a town of Judah,
where she entered the house of Zechariah
and greeted Elizabeth.
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting,
the infant leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said,

"Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me,
that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears,
the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
Blessed are you who believed
that what was spoken to you by the Lord
would be fulfilled."
[Luke 1:39-45]

+    +    +
  
"For me it is the virgin birth, 
the Incarnation
the resurrection 
which are the true laws of the flesh and the physical. 
Death, decay, destruction are the suspension of these laws. 
I am always astonished at the emphasis the Church puts on the body. 
It is not the soul she says that will rise but the body, glorified.
 ~Flannery O'Connor [The Habit of Being]


NOTE: All photos from our pilgrimage in September 2018 to the
Church of the Visitation, 
Ein Karem, Israel







2 comments:

  1. This kind of treatise envy is usually without a doubt fabulous. My partner and i started out the actual aspect, wanted what exactly My partner and i required in addition I had some sort of endurance with no practice! That is asst seen viscouss guide memorial My partner and i see pro therefore drastically! Notion an individual pertaining to expressing this up-to-date people. hotels near coquina beach

    ReplyDelete