Thursday, October 15, 2015

¡feliz #500 cumpleaños Teresa of Avila!


 “I repeat, it is necessary that your foundation consist of more than prayer and contemplation. If you do not strive for the virtues and practice them, you will always be dwarfs. And, please God, it will be only a matter of not growing, for you already know that whoever does not increase decreases. I hold that love, where present, cannot possibly be content with remaining always the same.”
~Teresa of Avila                          
“Keep in mind that I could not exaggerate the importance of this. Fix your eyes on the Crucified and everything will become small for you.”
+     +     + 

Today is the 5th centenary of the birth of Saint Teresa of Avila (1515-2015), one my closest mentors in the spiritual journey.

Today is also the 33rd birthday of our oldest and our only son, Christopher!

And today I am traveling basically all day from Norman to Chicago to New York, where I will join the rest of the Catholic Bloggers Press Tour participants on our way to Amman. 


Let us pray for one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment