Monday, May 18, 2015

open up within me the gate to awareness of you








O name of Jesus,
key to all gifts,
open up for me the great door to your treasurehouse
so that I may enter and praise you
with the praise that comes the heart
in return for your mercies
which I have experienced in latter days;
for you came and renewed me
with an awareness of the New World…

Gather my mind into the silence of prayer,
so that all my wandering thoughts
may be silenced within me
during that luminous converse
of supplication and mystery-filled wonder.

O Sun of righteousness
by which the righteous beheld their own selves
and became a mirror for their generations,
open up within me 
the gate to awareness of you.
~Isaac of Nineveh, †late 7th century
as published in Magnificat magazine,
May 2015

Vol. 17, No. 3, pp262-3



[Photos: top, Mont-Sainte Michel, France;
bottom, Mission La Purísima Concepción, California
all photos © Maria Ruiz Scaperlanda]


No comments:

Post a Comment