Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It is Midday: a poem

Amiens, France, 2013
San Diego, CA
"It is Midday"

It is midday. I see the church
open. I must enter.
Mother of Jesus Christ, I do
not come to pray.
I have nothing to ask
and nothing to offer.
I come only, Mother, to look at
you.
To look at you, to cry for joy,
to know that I am your son
and that you are there. Only
for a moment while everything 
stops. Midday!
To be yours, Mary in this
place where you are.
Saying nothing, but looking at
you and letting my heart sing
in its own language....
Because it is midday, because
we are here today, because
you are always there, simply
because you are Mary, simply
because you exist, Mother of
Jesus, be thanked.

                                  ~Jean-Pierre Prévost,
                                                                as published in Magnificat
                                              February 7, 2015

Cane, France, 2013

Guatemala, 2011

San Alfonso Retreat House, NJ

Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment