Thursday, September 4, 2014

looking for a prayer boost? check out MY DAILY VISITOR


I was delighted to write the daily reflections for the month of September for My Daily Visitor, a publication of Our Sunday Visitor. 

If you don't already know this great prayer resource -- or if you want to read my reflections on each day’s liturgical readings, now is the time to check it out (daily) here.

To give you a taste of the style, here’s the reflection I wrote for September 2, Tuesday:

Deny Stinking Thinking
One of the great revelations of my life was that I control my thoughts, my thoughts don’t control me. My thoughts, my insightful therapist explained once, can define and shape not only how I interpret life, but even my emotions and attitude. In the 12-Steps-Program they call it “stinking thinking,” the power of negative thoughts to influence one’s life. When I allow negative thoughts to take control, I start to believe that I can do nothing right. I’ll inevitably fail. I mess up everything. I’m no good.…
Click here to read the rest of the post! 
Since it is a printed book of monthly reflections, there’s no way to subscribe to receive future posts over email.
But—if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can read previous reflections retroactively!


No comments:

Post a Comment