Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Small Mercies Miércoles: I'm grateful for generous love



God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?”
~ William A. Ward
You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.
~ G.K. Chesterton

It’s Wednesday!  

So I’m taking a moment to acknowledge one specific thing, one wonderful “Small Mercy” that I’m thankful for today.

I’m grateful for:  the witness of love lived out by my colleague Rob, who chose to respond with gentleness and mercy to one person’s rude and inappropriate behavior in the midst of a meeting. I think this amounts to superhero powers! 

As our patron of Catholic communicators St. Francis de Sales prompted,

"Whatever we see our neighbor do
we must strive to interpret it
in the best manner possible…


Support and excuse your neighbor
with great generosity of heart."





So much easier to admire than to actually do!




No comments:

Post a Comment