Wednesday, August 14, 2013

writing as prayer retreat: come join me!



I want to record you, observe you, describe-- 
not with cinnabar red and gold, just in ink of the apple tree's rind. 
Even with beads I cannot tie you to the page, 
and the most tottering image my senses contrive, 
you blindly outdo by just being alive.
~Rainer Maria Rilke, 

O God my God
Here I am
It is only me
But it is all me
May it be enough
That is, enough of you
Because it is just me
But all you.
~Rachel G. Hackenberg, "Writing to God"

+   +   +   +   +

Have I mentioned how thrilled I am to be going back to Cedarbrake Renewal Center in the Diocese of Austin, Texas, to lead a writing retreat. I am specially excited that my friend Anne Klock, a talented flutist, has agreed to be the music minister for our retreat. 

It's going to be a wonderful weekend at one of my favorite retreat places. Come join me!

You can write me for more information: mymaria@me.com Or check out the official blurp below, and how to register here


Join us for a weekend exploring writing as a tool for fostering intimate prayer. We will use guided writing exercises, visual and musical props to invite participants into spiritual conversations with the sacred. Anne Klock, flutist, will provide the sacred music for this retreat. NO writing skills are required, only a willingness to ponder and listenwith pen in hand! 



No comments:

Post a Comment