Wednesday, June 12, 2013

praying through the cracks

Beauvais
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding,
and my entire will,
All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me.
To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will.
Give me only your love and your grace,
that is enough for me.

 ~St. Ignatius of Loyola, 
Suscipe prayer


At Medieval Chauvigny
 Besides the fields of yellow, on our recent pilgrimage of the French countryside and its astonishing Cathedrals, I became obsessed with doors.

In particular, the juxtaposition of doors, or openings, and light. I was fascinated by the fusion and separation, whether the door was wide open or there was light pouring through the gaps, the door’s cracks.

windows and door at our French farm home

I feel full of questions about my writing projects and what, if anything, I have to offer. But my physical tiredness doesn’t help me think very clearly these days.

Keeping everyone’s intentions in my heart. And from here, praying to have a heart that is an open door—one that allows the Christ Light to shine, even through my cracks.



at Mont-St-Michel

No comments:

Post a Comment