Saturday, July 26, 2014

the music in my head

Original image source: here

I’ve had a number of songs on "repeat" play lately.

But I have also had tunes pop into my mind—and in my dreams—out of seemingly “nowhere,” which I know can only come from the Supreme Musician, who knows how healing and fun music is for me.

Here’s a sampling of the music that’s been playing in my head and on my iPhone... can you hear God’s voice talking to you, too?

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret.
The winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
To make you feel my love
To make you feel my love


Make You Feel My Love
Adele, “19”

“What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword?... No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” ~Romans 8: 35-39

 +   +   +   +   +

When I die, I don't want to rest in peace
I want to dance in joy,
I want to dance in the graveyards, the graveyards
and while I'm alive,
I don't want to be alone mourning the ones who came before
I want to dance with them some more,
let's dance in the graveyards
Gloria…


Dance in the Graveyards
Delta Rae, “Carry the Fire”


 +   +   +   +   +

I'm 45 for a moment
The sea is high
And I'm heading into a crisis
Chasing the years of my life…

15 I'm all right with you
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got a 100 years to live…

Half time goes by
Suddenly you're wise
Another blink of an eye
67 is gone
The sun is getting high
We're moving on


"100 Years"
Five for Fighting, “100 Years”

“Man is but a breath,
his days are like a passing shadow.” ~Psalm 144:4

 +   +   +   +   +

Nothing really matters in the end you know
All the worry is over
Don't be afraid for me my friend, one day we all fall down forever

And you are not alone
Laying in the light
Put out the fire in your head
And lay with me tonight


Not Alone
Patty Griffin, “Living with Ghosts”




1 comment: