Friday, March 8, 2013

a love letter from God




Return to [me], my dear love,

Take with your words, and return to [me]; Say to [me], 
“Forgive all iniquity, and receive what is good, that I may render as offerings the bullocks from our stalls. [The world, others, the government] will not save us… We shall say no more, ‘Our god,’ to the work of our hands; for in you the orphan finds compassion.”
I will heal [your] defection… I will love [you] freely; for my wrath is turned away from [you]. I will be like the dew for [you]: you shall blossom like the lily; [You] shall strike root like the Lebanon cedar, and put forth shoots. [Your} splendor shall be like the olive tree and [your] fragrance like the Lebanon cedar. Again [you] shall dwell in shade and raise grain; [You] shall blossom like the vine, and [your] fame shall be like the wine of Lebanon.

I, the Lord, am your God
+     +     +     +     + 

“Let him who is wise understand these things;
let him who is prudent know them.”

[from today’s readings, Hosea 14:2-10, Psalm 81]

No comments:

Post a Comment