Wednesday, February 27, 2013

the kissing hands of love


my parents

pre-kids C & M

Elena as a newborn

Elena and her Papi


“I’ll show you.” Mrs. Raccoon took Chester’s left hand and spread open his tiny fingers into a fan. Leaning forward, she kissed Chester right in the middle of his palm. 
Chester felt his mother’s kiss rush from his hand, up his arm, and into his heart. Even his silky, black mask tingled with a special warmth. 
Mrs. Raccoon smiled. “Now,” she told Chester, “whenever you feel lonely and need a little loving from home, just press your hand to your cheek and think, ‘Mommy loves you. Mommy loves you.’ And that very kiss will jump to your face and fill you with toasty warm thoughts.”
The Kissing Hand” by Audrey Penn
A book Elena and I read today

Michelle and Conor praying before their wedding

Cecilia as a newborn

shadow portrait of Michael and I

3 month old Ignacio and his daddy

2 comments:

  1. very touching, reminds me of my girlfriend had left me and chose to marry someone else,,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear of your pain, kreasi. a broken relationship is one of the most painful kinds of suffering -- and the only way to the other side of the pain is walking through it. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

      Delete