Monday, November 5, 2012

PLEASE VOTE


As a Cuban-American, I take the right to vote very seriously. Just ask my children... that would be Speech #I-left-Cuba-number 752! 


But more importantly, as a Catholic Christian, I take prayer very seriously... And I encourage each of you to take special time to pray on this Election Day. Go to Mass. Say a rosary. Pray or our country. Pray for the voters. Pray for the elected officials. 


Ultimately remember that, whatever happens this election -- our hope is in the Living God, not on any human candidate. God is our strength. God is our rock. God is our fortress, our deliverer. God is our rock of refuge, our shield. God is our stronghold. The Lord lives... blessed be our rock. [Psalm 18].

As the  Scribe in Sunday's Gospel reminded us, 
"He is One and there is no other than he" [Mark 12: 32].

No comments:

Post a Comment