Sunday, April 9, 2017

why I love Holy Week

#MARY

 #HEART

 #PETITIONS

 #PRAYER

 #FAITHFUL

 #SILENCE

 #HOSANNA

 #FROZEN

 #SACRIFICE

#FREEDOM


I look at Palm Sunday as a sort of reset button.

No matter what this Lent has been about, no matter what I’ve done or not done well, no matter what my intentions were five weeks ago—I can give myself fully to this coming week.

So if you are like me and you’re wondering if it’s too late, I’m here to remind you that it’s only the beginning.

This is Holy Week.

Look at this week with new eyes.

Say yes to the quiet moments. They’re everywhere!

Look at your Bible (or daily readings) before you look at your phone in the mornings (Pope Francis’ suggestion, not mine!).

Take time to read the Passion story.

Pray.

Spread joy -- in whatever circumstance you find yourself in this week.

Celebrate the Triduum… Thursday’s Mass of the Lord’s Supper… Friday’s Adoration of the Cross… and yes, if at all possible, go to the Easter Vigil.  It is the most beautiful liturgy in the Catholic Church.

+   +   +   +

Note #1:   The photos you see here are from my #LentPhotoaDay efforts, a part of my #LentenWalk this year! 

+   +   +   +

Note #2:   In order to enter fully into my “reset efforts” this week, I am signing off all social media!  

Know that I will hold you and yours in my prayers throughout these holy days! 

+   +   +   +

“We should glory in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
for he is our salvation,
our life,
and our resurrection;
 through him we are saved and made free.”
~Galatians 6:14

 #WAIT

 #ABANDON

 #EMPTY

 #SAINT

#TRUST

 #JOY

 #BEGINNINGS

 #GIFT

 #PEACE

 #SUNRISE

 #SPRING

 #LOVE

#MATERNITY



No comments:

Post a Comment