Wednesday, March 23, 2016

restore us, Lord... a litany of images



This Lent I have truly enjoyed taking part of a #LentPhotoaDay2016 creative initiative that I came across online. The idea is that one image -- based on one given word -- became the center of my prayer each day.

I may not have done it every day – and I confess that I didn’t always follow the published words suggested for each day. But I certainly enjoyed engaging with images as a way to ponder on and pray with throughout this Lent.

All my photos – and the words assigned to each image – were posted on my Instagram and Facebook accounts, and often on Twitter.  Here they are, for those of you who missed it, all together in one post!

As we begin this Holy EasterTriddum, these three days in the Church’s year marked with services of remembrance, fasting and prayer, please know that I am praying for each one of you and your families. 

And in order to enter fully into the moment, I will be offline until Easter week.

How splendid the cross of Christ!
It brings life, not death;
light, not darkness;
Paradise, not its loss.
It is the wood on which the Lord,
like a great warrior,
was wounded in hands and feet and side,
but healed thereby our wounds.
A tree had destroyed us,
a tree now brought us life.

                                                     ~Theodore of Studios

+   +   +

“The real voyage of discovery consists 
not in seeking new landscapes 
but in having new eyes.”

                                         ~Marcel Proust

+   +   +

JOURNEY


 MIGHTY


REFUGE

  
HANDS/LOVE

 
GATHER


VISION



FAITH / DEVOTION



FREEDOM



JOY



HOME



HEALING

EMPTINESS



SEEDS


RESTORE


  
WITNESS


BELOVED


BALANCE


SILENCE


PERSPECTIVE


OPENNESS


WELCOME



PRESENCE



TRANSFORMATION



EXPECTATION



SOLIDARITY



HOPE

  
PRAYER




No comments:

Post a Comment