Tuesday, May 13, 2014

welcome him to paradise...

at my daughter's bridal shower, 2012
my friends -- my father, Ignacio Manuel Ruiz Diaz has completed his earthly journey. He died unexpectedly on Friday of cardiac arrest.

the best way to describe how I'm doing right now is by saying that I'm coasting, taking care of whatever business is right in front of me -- whether it be dishes, taking care of my mom, or planning details for the wake and funeral later this week.

please keep our family in your prayers?  with a special prayer request for abundant intentions offered for my mom, María de Jesús, who is overwhelmed by emotions... broken... missing her companion of 58 years in marriage -- and about 63 years in life.

This is the obituary published in our local newspaper, the Norman Transcript, written by my oldest daughter Anamaría... I think she did a phenomenal job:


Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and may perpetual light shine on Ignacio/Manolín/Papi/Abba
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed
 rest in peace.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment